5 work-for-hire contracts with SpaceWorks Engineering (4 images and 1 animation)
Project Orion animation :
- Over 100,000 YouTube hits
- Parts of animation used on ZDF's "Fascinating Universe" programme; images used in the book "Mars : From Myth and Mystery to Recent Discoveries" by Marcus Hotakainen, and the journal "Space Safety Magazine"
"Timeline of the Universe" image :
- Floor display in Herschel outreach exhibition at the Royal Society
- Planck website
- "The Sky at Night: Answers to Questions from Across the Universe" by Patrick Moore and Chris North
- Astronomy course at University of Ilinois
Another "Timeline of the Uiverse" for the Mira public observatory in Belgium (6m wall display).
Images and animations produced for Arecibo AAS booths.
Cover image for IAU244 conference proceedings
DEMO REEL (VIDEO)
I've been using Blender (and Terragen) for 10 years. Much of this time has been spent creating epic space scenes, but I've also dabbled in historical imagery and organic modelling from time to time. I've also developed Python scripts to employ Blender as a visualisation tool for galaxy simulations. Recently I've been working on using Blender directly in my own work.by enabling it to view 3D, volumetric FITS files in realtime. And I still enjoy modelling spaceships.
I've sepnt the last year experiencing life in Puerto Rico and the USA, where I've dealt with doing science during a management change at Arecibo Observatory (the first time in its 48 year history)..As well as surviving life with a bunch of irate scientists, I've also learned to deal with hurricanes, the unexpected theft of manhole covers, and even how to survive without the internet (but only just).